Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why Men Cheat. A Reply.

In response to an article in this April's Esquire magazine (see here).

I laugh. Squarely. Directly. And in your face. I laugh out loud and I can’t stop. “I’ll tell you why I cheat. I need to.”

You sound like a whining child rather than the man you claim to be.

Before even turning the page I anticipated the argument. Genetics. Body vs. Soul. Never once do you consider that our Soul, our ability to create wonderful art, to delve into the mysteries of the universe, and yes to both love and be loved, is all that separates us from the animals around us. Perhaps you are proud of your animal instincts? However your inability to control them is the reason you are not a man.

You pity your friends who don’t cheat, you commiserate with the married women you fuck, you lament “the flawed and antiquated apparatus of marriage”. Answer me this then. Why the hell did you get married? The feeling of power you get from cheating? Either that or maybe daddy cheated on mommy? Or was it the other way around?

There was time when I may have envied a guy like you. Good looking, probably a jock, supreme confidence, right? But high school is over pal. And if there is one thing I learned as I grew into a man is that the girls who go for guys like you are the one’s I don’t want to be around. You may be giving into to your body’s desires, but dude, so is she. You’re not human beings; you’re two soulless shells fucking. Your life is like a porn film and buddy, yes that is an insult.

The one thing you fail to mention in the article is, of course, your wife. I wonder what she would do if she found out? Does she believe marriage is antiquated too? I sure hope so. One day you’ll come home to find her in the arms of another man.

Ah! The sweet justice that destiny will unleash when, in a flash of anger and humiliation, your arguments and logic are flushed like so many toilets into the sewer that is your life.

Then, perhaps, you will associate cheating with what it really is: betrayal.

You may be a male, Anonymous. But don’t insult me by calling yourself a Man

No comments:

Post a Comment